Kindergarten Registration 2023-2024
All registration is done via the Genesis Registration Portal. We ask that all families register their children as soon as possible in order to efficiently plan for classes in September.
Note to current families: the Genesis registration portal is separate from the Parent Portal. You must use the registration portal to register any children entering the district for the first time.
Regarding medical paperwork: please submit the medical history form (completed by the parent) and your child's most recent physical and immunizations (completed by the doctor). The physical and immunization forms must be signed by the doctor. A printout from your patient portal is not acceptable. You can submit the doctor's office forms or use the forms provided below.
Please don't wait to register your child based on pending medical updates, appointments, etc. Submit the most recent information at registration and you can submit updated information through the end of the summer to the District nursing coordinator.
If you have any questions, please email Becci Marin: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-228-6979 ext. 3044.
Kindergarten Registration Packet (English)
Paquete de inscripción para Kindergarten (Español)
Follow the steps below to begin your registration.
- Locate your resident elementary school on the Elementary School Boundaries
- Review all of the registration requirements below
- Download the required forms that you will need to complete (all forms are at the bottom of this page)
- Gather and scan all of your completed forms and required documents and save to your computer. You will upload these during the registration process. PDF or JPEG only.
- Go to the Genesis Registration Portal and complete the registration.
- Enter your email and create a password so you can come back to the registration portal and add any missing documents at a later time if needed.
- You will be notified when your registration has been processed or if we need additional documents/information.
Proof of Age: You must provide a scan of your child’s original birth certificate.
A child is eligible for entrance into Kindergarten if they have attained the age of 5 by October 1 of the year in which entrance is sought.
Proof of Residency: You must be a resident of Caldwell or West Caldwell, NJ to register for school and the following items must be presented at registration:
If you own your residence, please present the following:
- Completed Domicile Statement (below)
- Copy of your Deed, Mortgage Statement or Property Tax Bill
- Two of the following additional documents with your name and address: Deed, Mortgage Statement or Property Tax Bill (not presented in 2.), utility/water/cable bill, telephone bill, insurance bill, bank statement, recent pay stub, current NJ driver's license
If you rent your residence, please present the following:
- Completed Domicile Statement (below)
- Completed/Notarized Landlord Statement (below)
- Copy of your Current Lease
- Two of the following additional documents with your name and address: Utility/water/cable bill, telephone bill, insurance bill, bank statement, recent pay stub, current NJ driver's license
Medical Requirements: CWC BOE Policy requires that certain certificates signed by your health provider be furnished in order for your child to attend school. The following information must be submitted prior to the student starting school.
- Your child’s official immunization record to date, completed and signed by the doctor. You may submit your doctor’s office forms, or have your doctor complete our forms (below). The nurse will follow up with you for any missing or additional information needed.
- Your child’s most recent physical, completed and signed by the doctor. You may submit your doctor’s office forms, or have your doctor complete our forms (below).
- Completed District Medical History Form (completed by the parent)