Caldwell-West Caldwell Food Services
If you should have any questions regarding food service at your child's school, please contact Roseann Kelly, Food Services Director, email@example.com or 973-228-9115 ext. 2018 or contact your school directly.
Breakfast: Breakfast is served at James Caldwell High School every morning. We feature a variety of breakfast items, including yogurt and fresh fruit. Students may use their Nutrikids/myschoolbucks account or cash to pay for breakfast. Charging is not available.
Lunch: School menus are posted on the school district website and in the cafeterias (see links on the left side of this page). Lunch Prices are as follows:
- Elementary school students: $3.00
- Grover Cleveland Middle School students: $3.25 *see GCMS webpage for a full list of menu and pricing options
- James Caldwell High School: $3.50 *see JCHS webpage for a full list of menu and pricing options
Free and Reduced Priced Lunch: Applications for free and reduced price lunch are available at your school and below. Complete one application for all of your children and return it to your youngest child's school as soon as possible. All students who were eligible for free or reduced lunch last school year, will remain eligible for up to 30 operating days into the new school year or until a new eligibility determination is made, whichever comes first. After that date, if a new determination is not made, your child will not receive a free or reduced price lunch, and you risk accruing meal charges. You may submit an application at any point during the school year if your financial circumstances change.
Food Allergies: There are a growing number of food allergies and intolerances occurring in children. If your child has allergies, or any special dietary restrictions, please contact Roseann Kelly, Food Service Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-228-9115 ext 2018.
Nutrikids Point-of Sale System: The Nutrikids Point-of Sale (POS) system benefits you, your child, and the school in a number of practical ways. We hope that you and your student will consider taking advantage of some of these convenient options. We use a computerized cash register system to ease the payment process for your child. Here’s how it works:
- Funds are added to a personal myschoolbucks account using an unique student id provided to you by the school. For more information on myschoolbucks, click here.
- All students have been assigned an ID number to access their lunch account. This ID number will be like a PIN for an ATM machine. Students will be issued these numbers the week before we start to serve lunch.
- Students will enter their ID number into a PIN pad at the cashier.
Know What Your Child Buys For Lunch: You have the ability to view and print out a copy of your child’s meal purchase history report. This history report will show all the dates and times that your child has purchased lunch within the past 30 days. Please be advised that when you first create your account, you will only be able to see your child’s history for that day. To view the 30-day history, log out and then sign back in again.
Healthier US School Challenge (HUSSC): The Healthier US School Challenge (HUSSC) is a voluntary initiative established in 2004 to recognize schools participating in the National School Lunch Program that have created healthier school environments through promotion of nutrition and physical activity.
In alignment with HUSSC, we are committed to serving nutritious meals to your children. This commitment is at the heart of how we deliver on our promise to help students flourish. We encourage students to embrace good eating and healthy lifestyle habits at an early age, and a school’s food and nutrition program plays a big role in this effort. We’re excited about the opportunity to launch these new menus at your school.
Some features of the menu include:
- A fruit or vegetable offered every day of the week
- Fresh fruit and fresh vegetables offered whenever possible
- Many entrées now offered whole grain
- Only 1% and skim low-fat white and and 1% chocolate milk are offered.