Integrated Pre-K Program
The Caldwell-West Caldwell School District is now accepting applications for its Integrated Pre-Kindergarten Program for the 2020-2021 school year. The AM program will meet Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The PM program will meet Monday through Friday from 12:15 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. The full-day program will meet from 9:00 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
What is an Integrated Pre-Kindergarten Program (IPK)?
The IPK program incorporates the education of general education preschoolers with preschoolers who have been found eligible for special education. Students with special needs are placed in the class as determined by the District's IEP team. Highlights of the program include:
State-approved Curriculum, Motor Skills Integration, Technology Infusion, Group Social Skills, Group Social Speech
- To be accepted into the IPK program, children MUST be toilet trained. Children who are not toilet trained will be withdrawn from the program immediately.
- Students eligible for the free or reduced lunch program will qualify for reduced tuition.
- Students must be 3 years old by October 1, 2020 and with no child turning 5 before October 1, 2020.
- Caldwell-West Caldwell residents receive first preference for acceptance into the program, then the program will open to residents of all towns.
How to Apply
The deposit will be used as the June 2021 tuition payment. Deposit is non-refundable unless withdrawal is made in writing prior to June 30, 2020, or a lottery is necessary.
The program cost is $425 per month for the half-day program and $850 per month for the full-day program.
To apply to the IPK program, please complete the following forms for each student. All forms are available on this website. Click on the left menu for application and materials.
- A pre-K pupil admission form
- A schedule request form
- A pre-K health and medical history form
- A physical immunization and medical records form
- A home language survey form
- A Media Consent Form
- Domicile statement
- Landlord statement (if applicable)
Upon completion, return all forms to: CWC Integrated Pre-Kindergarten Program c/o Tanya Gormley, Harrison School Building, 104 Gray Street, West Caldwell, NJ, 07006
Applications must be accompanied by a copy of your child's birth certificate and a check for one month's tuition. The tuition is applied to the June 2021 payment.
We look forward to having your child join our Integrated Pre-Kindergarten Program. Please remember that children must be three years of age by October 1, 2020 and toilet trained in order to participate in our program. In addition, if you experience a change of plans and do not intend to enroll your child after registration, please call to have your child's name removed from the class list. Deposit is non-refundable unless withdrawal is made in writing prior to June 30, 2020.