Integrated Pre-K Program
What is an Integrated Pre-Kindergarten Program (IPK)?
This is a tuition based general education program for preschoolers ages 3, 4 or 5 (not Kindergarten eligible or turning 5 by October 1st), where PSD students may be placed if appropriate. The PSD student should be well along the developmental matrix for the young child so that he/she can benefit from the general education preschool classroom and the large number of peers in the room. The PSD child may spend time in this room for socialization, role models or be placed in this class as part of our PSD continuum.
Class Size: 16 max
Integrated Pre-K Schedule:
- Full Day 9:00am-2:45pm
- Half Day 9:00am - 11:30am or 12:15pm-2:45pm
- Students must be 3 years old by October 1, 2020 and with no child turning 5 before October 1, 2020.
- To be accepted into the IPK program, children MUST be toilet trained. Children who are not toilet trained will be withdrawn from the program immediately.
- Students eligible for the free or reduced lunch program will qualify for reduced tuition.
- Caldwell-West Caldwell residents receive first preference for acceptance into the program, then the program will open to residents of all towns.
How to Apply to the Integrated Pre-K Program
Please contact Tanya Gormley in the Special Services Department firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-228-5291