For the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19, please visit the following links to be directed to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH).
CDC: Coronavirus Page - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html
CDC: Share Facts not Fear - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/share-facts.html
New Jersey Department of Health: Coronavirus Page -https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/ncov.shtml
Illness Update ......
The peak of the cold and flu season is upon us. To prevent widespread flu in the school, we recommend that your child stay home from school if experiencing flu or cold symptoms. To decide whether or not to send your child to school, please consider the following guidelines:
Consider keeping your child at home for an extra day of rest and observation if he or she has any of the following symptoms:
- Very stuffy or runny nose and/or cough
- Mild sore throat (no fever, no known exposure to strep)
- Stomach ache
Definitely keep your child at home for treatment and observation if he or she has any of these symptoms:
- Fever (greater than 100 degrees and your child may return to school only after his or her temperature has been consistently below 100 degrees, by mouth, for a minimum of 24 hours)
- Vomiting (even once)
- General malaise or feelings of fatigue, discomfort, weakness or muscle aches
- Frequent congested (wet) or croupy cough
Your child should be physically able to participate in all school activities. Keeping a sick child at home will minimize the spread of infections and viruses in the classroom.
According to our school physician's orders, a child sent home from the nurse's office with a fever or due to vomiting, CANNOT return to school the next day
WELCOME TO THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR!!
Lila Kurzum BSN, RN-CSNSchool NurseGrover Cleveland Middle School973-228-7472 Nurse's Office973-228-9115 Main Office973-830-2169 FaxWelcome to the Grover Cleveland Nurse's Health Office web page.Remember to eat breakfast, get enough rest and get some exercise.
- 6th Graders - proof of receiving Tdap and Meningococcal vaccines needs to be submitted to Mrs. Kurzum, GCMS Nurse prior to starting school. This documentation can be scanned or photographed and emailed to email@example.com, mailed to my attention at 36 Academy Rd., Caldwell, NJ 07006; or delivered to GCMS and the secretaries will make sure it is put in my mailbox. If you have any questions or concerns, the best way to reach me over the summer is via email.
- For new to the district, incoming students - remember you need to submit official documentation of Immunizations and a current Health Physical (a physical that was done within 1 year of GCMS starting date). This can be mailed, dropped off, faxed or scanned and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ImPACT Baseline Concussion Screenings ******Those students who did the ImPACT test last year do not need to repeat the ImPACT test until next year (this test is done every 2 years)***********