What Is Parent Access
What is Parent Access?
Parent Access is a component of Genesis — our student information system. It allows us to provide you with a safe and secure way to view academic information about your children in one portal via the Internet. Depending on your child’s grade level you will have access to some or all of the following information:
- Your child’s schedule, and daily attendance record
- Your child’s class attendance (grades 6 – 12)
- Your child’s discipline information (grades 6-12)
- Your child's marking period, mid-term exam, final exam and final grades
- Your child’s report cards (Grades K – 12)
- Your child's teacher's gradebook grades (Grades 6 – 12)
- Your contact information, which you have the ability to change and delete
○ Email addresses
○ Phone numbers - Work and Home
○ Cell phone numbers including the carrier (such as Verizon)
○ Numbers and email addresses to be notified on by SchoolMessenger our Emergency Alert System
How do students access their accounts?
- All students in grades 6 - 12 have their own access accounts. Because of this there is no need to let them use your account or give them your password.
- Student accounts do NOT have the ability to see contact information or sign forms electronically, but they can see everything else the parent account can see.
How Do I Create An Account?
You do not have to register for Parent Access, your account is automatically set up once you register in the district with a valid email address. Please note your Parent Login ID is your email address. We also ask that all parents read the Genesis Parent Access User Manual using the link above. It contains step-by-step instructions on how to use the system. Most answers to your questions can be answered by referring to the manual prior to contacting your local school’s main office.
What If I Forget My Password?
There is an “I forgot my password” link on the parent access login page. Simply click this link, enter your email address that you are using to login and a password will be emailed to you. You cannot be given your existing password: for safety reasons, Genesis never displays a user’s password, even to the system administrators. If you lose or forget your password, you will be given a new, randomly generated password. You will then be required to change the new password the next time you login to Genesis Parent Access. If you have difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.