What is Parent Access?
If you have difficulty with the parent portal please email email@example.com.
Parent Access is a component of Genesis — our student information system. It allows us to provide you with a safe and secure way to view academic information about your children in one portal via the Internet. Depending on your child’s grade level you will have access to some or all of the following information:
- Your child’s schedule and daily attendance record
- Your child’s class attendance (grades 6 – 12)
- Your child’s discipline information (grades 6-12)
- Your child's marking period, mid-term exam, final exam and final grades
- Your child’s report cards (Grades K – 12)
- Your child's teacher's gradebook grades (Grades 6 – 12)
- Your contact information - phone number(s) and email(s) which you have the ability to update as needed
- Emergency contacts (one is required for all students)
- Important communication from the school
- Important forms requring your signature or acknowlegement can be found under the FORMS tab throughout the school year
- All students in grades 6-12 have their own access accounts. Because of this there is no need to let them use your account or give them your password.
- Student accounts do NOT have the ability to see contact information or sign forms electronically, but they can see everything else the parent account can see.
- Elementary students do NOT have a student access acount for genesis.
How Do I Create An Account?
- You do not have to register for Parent Access, your account is automatically set up once you register in the district with a valid email address.
- When you register your child, you will be sent an introduction letter directly from the Genesis system along with a temporary password and instructions on how to access the parent portal.
- Check your SPAM or Junk folder or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive this letter.
- Please note your Parent Login ID is your email address.
- We also ask that all parents read the Genesis Parent Access User Manual (below). It contains step-by-step instructions on how to use the system. Most answers to your questions can be answered by referring to the manual.
- Please note if you UPDATE your email address, you will need to update your parent portal username as well. Please email email@example.com with this updated information.
What if I Forget My Password?
- There is a “Forgot Password” link on the parent access login page. Simply click this link, enter your email address and a reset email will be emailed to you.
- Genesis never displays a user’s password, even to the system administrators. If you lose or forget your password, you will be given a new, randomly generated password. You will then be required to change your password when you login.