In the event that your child is required to receive ANY medication at school, the following policy must be adhered to:
1. Only the school nurse or parent can dispense medication. Exceptions are inhalers, epinephrine or insulin, or any other medications to treat life threatening conditions, which can be self-administered when indicated by physician order.
2. All medication must be in the original, prescription labeled container from the pharmacy.
3. The prescribing doctor must provide written instructions to dispense the medicationat school, including the time the medication is to be given.
4. The parent must provide written permission. Forms are available in the nurse’s office.
5. This policy applies to ALL MEDICATION, including over-the-counter medications and cough drops.