This year our class will be Bucket Fillers!
What is a Bucket Filler?
We all carry an invisible bucket. This bucket contains our feelings. When our bucket is full, we feel great; when it’s empty, we feel empty. A bucket filler is someone who says or does nice things for other people. By doing this, they are filling other people’s buckets and filling their own bucket at the same time. On the other hand, a bucket dipper says or does things to cause other people to feel bad. This simple but profound philosophy applies to every aspect of life.
The Bucket-Filling school program has several CURRICULUM GOALS :
1. To teach children how to reach out and express love, respect and appreciation to others
2. To help children become other-centered rather than self-centered
3. To help children express their feelings (good and bad) in a healthy manner
4. To help children understand where feelings originate and how to protect their feelings from being hurt
5. To establish a framework for more constructive words and actions and less bullying
6. To create more positive home and school environments
Bucket Filling (showing love and respect for others)
Bucket Dipping (bullying)