The School Day
Regular Day Schedule:
- School Begins: 8:45 am
- First Lunch (Gr. K-2): 11:30 am-12:15 pm
- Second Lunch (Gr. 3-5): 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m
- Dismissal Time: 3:00 p.m.
Early Dismissal Schedule (Elementary):
*Students are to arrive for the school day no earlier than 8:30 a.m. They are expected to remain on the playground until they are instructed to line up by classes for entrance. Teachers will come outside to pick up their classes by 8:45 a.m.
- A delayed opening due to inclement weather may be called, in which case school hours will be 10:45am - 3:00pm
* Please do not send your child to school early on days when school is delayed, as supervision is not provided.
** Notification of delayed openings or school closings will be made on our district website, www.cwcboe.org and via phone, text and email using the School Messenger alert system. Please keep your contact information up to date in your child's Genesis account.
Early Pick-Up from School:
- Please have your child bring a note to school in anticipation of early pick-up. Parents are to report to the main office at the appointed time, which allows for safe dismissal without disrupting classroom activity.
Absences and Lateness:
- Please call the office (973-228-3987) by 8:45 a.m. each day your child will be absent or late. Messages can be left on our answering machine. Knowing the whereabouts of every child helps us to insure the safety of all students. Students who arrive after 8:45 a.m. should report to the office first, and will be marked late for that day.
- All homework requests must be made to the office prior 10:00 a.m.
- Before and after school child care is available through the West Essex YMCA. The after school program is housed in our school. Please call the YMCA for more information at (973)992-7500 or visit the website www.cwcboe.org.
- Emergency forms will be sent home with every student on the first day of school, and it is very important that these forms are filled out accurately and returned promptly. They include the names and telephone numbers of two people who can be contacted in the event of an emergency. These forms are kept on file in the office, and need to be kept current. Please apprise the office of any changes in emergency information whenever the need arises. Please keep your contact information up to date in your child's Genesis account.