Class Parent Responsibilities:
- Meet with class teacher to determine his/her needs during the school year.
- Attend two HSA meetings during the school year. The Class Parent Committee Chair will coordinate attendees at the beginning of the school year.
- Host a class tea in the beginning of the year. This gives people a chance to meet their childrens' classmates parents. This is also a good opportunity to ask for parents to sign up for a variety of volunteer openings...class parties for holidays and other celebrations throughout the year, ice cream sales at lunch, etc.
- Collect Class Dues to cover gifts for the teacher throughout the year...Winter holiday, Teacher Appreciation and End of Year. A portion of this money can also be contributed to the class "End of Year" party.
- Communicate any upcoming events for your class (i.e. concerts, special events). Inform your class' parents of any dates specific to your class or grade. E-mail reminders for HSA needs for functions throughout the year. (Fall and Spring flower sales, family fun nights, among others.)
- Chaperone class trips and/or ask for volunteers from parents, depending on the teachers needs for each trip.
- Buy a winter holiday, teacher appreciation and the end of the year gifts on behalf of the class, from the money collected.
- Keep an accounting sheet regarding all money collected and spent from class dues. This will be handed in to one of the class parent chair people, at the end of the year.