^^This document has information about behavior expectations as discussed with students at the beginning of the year.Mrs. McAuliffe's Gym Rules & ExpectationsAll School rules will apply in addition to the following…
PROPER DRESS FOR CLASS
1. All students must have appropriate sneakers in order to participate and receive credit during class. Sneakers must have laces, be properly tied and not have a tendency to fall off during class.
2. Students who do not have appropriate sneakers will be given a zero for the day.
3. Classes may be held outdoors in the fall and spring. Be prepared daily with a jacket, sweatshirt and/or sweatpants.
4. No jewelry should be worn during class since it can pose a safety hazard.
LOCKERS AND LOCKER ROOM
1. One small locker in the physical education locker room will be assigned to each student. During class, the lock should be put on a large locker with all belongings locked inside. After class, physical education clothes must be locked in the small assigned locker.
2. The physical education locker room is the only one that may be used for changing.
3. A combination lock is provided for each student and the teacher will record the combination. The combination should never be given to another student.
4. No sharing of lockers will be permitted.
5. Once class begins, no student will be allowed back into the locker room without permission from the teacher.
6. Valuable belongings (jewelry, purses, wallets) must be locked in a locker during class. Leaving valuables lying around is only inviting theft. The physical education staff will not be responsible for lost of stolen articles.
1. Students will be given four minutes at the beginning of class and five minutes at the end of class to change clothes.
2. Gum chewing is prohibited in class and food and drink is to be consumed in the cafeteria ONLY.
3. All students will remain in the gym until the bell rings to end the period and they are dismissed.
4. Any injuries or emergencies must be reported to the teacher during the class period so the proper action can be taken.
5. Student are to ask permission to leave the class, gym or locker room areas
6. No one is allowed in the equipment room without permission from the teacher.
7. Directions must be followed the first time they are given.8. Abuse, destruction or misuse of physical education equipment will not be tolerated. Obscene language, gestures, harassment or disrespect will not be tolerated.9. Any student who is asked to leave class for any type of disruptive behavior will be sent to the office and receive a zero for the day. The following day the student will spend the period in the library doing a written assignment.
1. A student well enough to be in school is generally well enough to be dressed and participating in class. Any exception to this will be handled on an individual basis.
2. A note from a parent is required to excuse a student due to injury or illness. It will be accepted for a maximum of three consecutive days. To be excused longer than three days, a doctor’s note is required.
3. A student who has become ill at school will discuss the problem wit the teacher before the start of class and a decision will be made as to the best course of action for the student to take.
4. Any student with a medical excuse from class must bring the note to the school Nurse at the beginning of the day.The views and opinions expressed in this page and site, unless specifically noted, are strictly those of McAuliffe, Katelyn. The Caldwell-West Caldwell School District is not responsible and has no control over the redirected links that take users off the www.cwcboe.org site.