What is a physically educated person?
A physically educated person is one who:
Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities
- Participates regularly in physical activity
- Achieves and maintains a health enhancing level of physical fitness
- Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings
- Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
@ GCMS we are dedicating to acheiving these standards with ALL of our students!
The National Association for Sport and Physical Education. (2004). Moving into the future: National standards for physical education (2nded.). Reston, VA: Author.