Rules and Expectations
All School rules will apply in addition to the following
PROPER DRESS FOR CLASS
1. All students must have appropriate sneakers in order to participate and receive credit during class. Sneakers must be properly tied and not have a tendency to fall off during class. Sandals, Moon Boots, Ballerina Slippers, Snow Shoes or Hiking Boots are not allowed!
2. Students who do not have sneakers will not physically participate, but have a written assignment in order to earn credit for the day. The assignment is not fun - REMEMBER YOUR SNEAKERS!
3. Classes may be held outdoors in the fall and spring. Be prepared daily with a jacket, sweatshirt and/or sweatpants. You can't participate if your arms and hands are in your shirt because you're cold!
4. No jewelry should be worn during class since it can pose a safety hazard. Having your earlobe ripped open is not fun!
5. Shorts are to be of a proper length so that they do not hinder or limit a student's ability to move. Do not roll your shorts, it looks like you have an inner tube around your waist! And that's ridiculous!
LOCKERS AND LOCKER ROOM
1. One locker in the physical education locker room will be assigned to each student. During class, the lock should be put on the locker with all belongings inside. After class, physical education clothes must be locked in the assigned locker. Apparently we have an elf in the locker room that likes to "steal" things, lock up your stuff!
2. The physical education locker room is the only one that may be used for changing.
3. A combination lock is provided for each student and the teacher will record the combination. The combination should never be given to another student. You are responsible for the lock, even it is "stolen"! Replacement locks are $5.
4. No sharing of lockers will be permitted. Refer to number 3!
5. Once class begins, no student will be allowed back into the locker room without permission from the teacher.
6. Valuable belongings (jewelry, purses, wallets) must be locked in a locker during class. Leaving valuables lying around is only inviting theft. The physical education staff will not be responsible for lost or stolen articles. Refer to number 3!
1. Students will be given four minutes at the beginning of class and five minutes at the end of class to change clothes. Don't hang out in the locker room, be on time!
2. No gum chewing is allowed in class and no food or drink is to be consumed in the gymnasium or locker room areas. I am CPR certified to administer the Heimlich maneuver, but I don't like doing it!
3. All students will remain in the gym until the bell rings to end the period and they are dismissed. Even if you have class last period!
4. Any injuries or emergencies must be reported to the teacher during the class period so the proper action can be taken.
5. No student may ever leave the class, gym or locker room areas without permission from the teacher.
6. No one is allowed in the equipment room without permission from the teacher. The equipment room is like my desk - don't go in my desk.
7. Directions must be followed the first time they are given. That's a big one!8. Abuse, destruction or misuse of physical education equipment will not be tolerated. Obscene language, gestures, harassment or disrespect will not be tolerated. Yikes, that's another big one!9. Any student who is asked to leave class for any type of disruptive behavior will be sent to the office and receive a zero for the day. The following day the student will spend the class period doing a written assignment in order to receive credit for the day. Believe me, the written assignment is not fun! Be cool in class!
10. Students are not allowed to ask for "water" or a "drink. Only the following terms are acceptable; "Beverages", "Thirst Quenchers", "Refreshment", or an original of their choice. And yes I am serious!
1. A student well enough to be in school is generally well enough to be dressed and participating in class. Any exception to this will be handled on an individual basis.
2. A note from a parent is required to excuse a student due to injury or illness. It will be accepted for a maximum of three consecutive days. To be excused longer than three days, a doctor's note is required.
3. A student who has become ill at school will discuss the problem with the teacher before the start of class and a decision will be made as to the best course of action for the student to take, in regard to participation.
4. Any student with a medical excuse from class must bring the note to the school Nurse at the beginning of the day.