All About Mrs. SpinaThis is my ninth year teaching sixth grade at Grover Cleveland Middle School. Prior to arriving at GCMS, I taught at James Caldwell High School for a year. I also coached Chiefs junior varsity cheerleading for a few years too.Before I became a teacher, I graduated from Livingston High School in 2000 and then went to Boston College. I graduated from BC in 2004 with a Bachelor's degree in English and Secondary Education. Later, I earned a Masters Degree in Special Education from Kean University and obtained certification in Supervision from Montclair State University.In my spare time, I enjoy reading, travelling, and spending time with my family. My favorite authors include Lois Lowry, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Harlan Coben. Although I was an English major in college, American History was my favorite subject in high school. I especially enjoyed studying the Roaring '20s!I am very excited to be teaching 6th grade Lanugage Arts at GCMS. I anticipate many years of learning and fun!Fun Facts:
- When I started college, I didn't begin as an education major. I was studying Political Science and wanted to become a lawyer. My roommates encouraged me to follow my love of teaching!
- My favorite TV shows are Top Chef and Project Runway.
- When I was in high school, I trained for the Junior Olympic Field Hockey Team.
- I have two children- Olivia and Joey.
- Color: Blue
- Food: Sushi
- Drink: Coffee (Dunkin Donuts OR Starbucks!!)
- Vacation Spot: Hawaii
- Band: The Beatles
- Movie: Mean Girls
- Book: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzerald and The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Subject when I was in 6th grade: Art
Last Modified on September 15, 2015