ONGOING STUDENT REGISTRATION*New for the 2017-2018 School year all new student registrations must be done in person and by appointment at the Harrison School. All forms must be completed in their entirety prior to the in-person registration. For more information on registration or to schedule an appointment to register your child, please call Kerry Ryan at (973)228-6979 ext. 3009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.All registration forms can be downloaded here or picked up at the Harrison School, 104 Gray Street, West Caldwell, NJ 07006.ENTRANCE AGES
According to district policy, the following eligibility ages are followed:
Kindergarten: A child is eligible for entrance into kindergarten who will have attained the age of five years on or before October 1 of the year in which entrance is sought.First Grade: A child is eligible for entrance into first grade who will have attained the age of six years on or before October 1 of the year in which entrance is sought.On the day of registration, the following completed forms and information are required. Parents who do not present the below forms and information will be asked to return at another date to complete the process.2. Proof of Age Requirements:
3. Proof of Residency:
- You must present an original copy of your child's birth certificate (with raised seal) or your child's passport.
If you are renting you must provide the following:
- Completed Domicile Statement
- Completed/Notarized Landlord Statement
- Copy of current lease agreement
- Two of the following additional items: utility bill, water bill, cable bill, telephone/mobile phone bill, insurance bill, bank statement, recent pay stub, valid NJ driver’s license
If you are a home owner you must provide the following:
4. Medical Requirements:In order to meet the registration requirements, all students must fulfill specific immunization and physical examination requirements mandated by law. The following medical documentation must be presented at the time of registration:a. Completed health and medical history form (completed by parent/guardian).b. Completed physical examination and immunization Form (completed by physician). The dates must include the month, day and year your child received the vaccines. This information must be provided by the doctor on the child’s official immunization record from the permanent chart at the doctor’s office. For a list of immunizations required by age, click here.c. A copy of the child’s most recent physical examination (completed by the physician).5. All students must also complete the appropriate records release form at time of registration.*Please note additional forms and information may be provided by the individual schools and must be completed at the respective school prior to the student's first day. For students who plan to participate in the high school athletics program, additional health forms may be required. Please visit the Athletics section for additional information and required forms.
- Completed Domicile Statement
- Two of the following additional items: deed to the home, mortgage statement, tax bill, utility bill, water bill, cable bill, telephone/mobile phone bill, insurance bill, bank statement, recent pay stub, valid NJ driver’s license.
School-specific contact information:
James Caldwell High School Guidance Office 973-228-9186 Grover Cleveland Middle School Guidance Office 973-228-1994 Jefferson Elementary School Lynn Kirby, Secretary 973-228-5994 Lincoln Elementary School Annette Rodriguez, Secretary 973-228-3987 Washington Elementary School Joanne Sabates, Secretary 973-228-8941 Wilson Elementary School Alison Flanagan, Secretary 973-228-7173 Harrison Pre-School Lauren Gersten, Pre-School Teacher 973-226-7120
Contact: West Essex YMCA
Phone: 973-992-7500 Fax: 973-992-7680 http://www.westessexymca.org/