Chromebook Power Saving Tips
Lower your screen brightness
- You can adjust it to a comfortable setting that uses less power.
- Lowering the brightness to about half will increase your battery life substantially.
- When you are not using your Chromebook, put it in standby mode by closing the lid.
- Upon opening, simply enter your password to jump right back into action!
Shut It Down
- This will save even more battery than standby because it minimizes battery drain to almost nothing.
- It also only adds about 5 seconds to your log in time, so why not?
- Close any apps and tabs that you are not using. It will make your Chromebook run faster as well as save power!
- The more apps you have open, the more power is needed to run them, so close them out if you are not currently using them.
- This isn’t the largest culprit of battery drain, but it does contribute to it.
- Whether you are using speakers or headphones, keeping the volume down will reduce battery use a little.
- Do not leave your Chromebook at extreme high or low temperatures for a long period of time.
- Also, do not leave it in direct sunlight.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: Charge your Chromebook EVERY NIGHT!
The best way to make it through the day is to start with a full battery!