Dear Violin Parents,
I am so excited to see such enthusiastic support for our violin program. Our enrollment is the highest it has ever been!
I am currently working out a rotating lesson schedule for over 200 students across four schools. This letter will serve as a response to the many emails I have received this week in lieu of individual responses. Please read carefully.
All students in the instrumental music program will receive 30 minutes of group instruction one time per week. The schedule will be communicated to your child’s classroom teacher and principal.
The lessons will happen during the school day and will rotate on an 8 week schedule to ensure your child will not be pulled from the same instruction weekly.
○ Lincoln School students will have lessons on Mondays.
○ Jefferson School students will have lessons on either Tuesday or Friday. I will reach out to you directly once my schedule has been finalized to confirm which day your student will have group class.
○ Wilson School students will have lessons on Wednesdays.
○ Washington School students will have lessons on Thursdays.
Attention second grade parents: The Early Start Program replaces the previous Suzuki Program. The only materials required is the violin outfit (case, violin, bow, shoulder rest, rosin). I want to reiterate that while this program is open to all second graders it is not mandatory. If there was a misunderstanding and you would like to withdraw your child from the program, please let me know.
Attention third, fourth and fifth grade parents: The only materials required in addition to the violin outfit are the Essential Elements Book 1 and a music stand for home use. No additional materials are required to be purchased from the rental company.
Unsure what size violin to rent? Follow these directions!
Unsure where to rent? Click here and follow the directions in Step 3 for rental company options.
○ While the department refers you to the above-mentioned rental companies, all transactions are directly between you and the company, without any music
departmental involvement. Please direct all questions about instrument rentals, returns and refunds, etc. directly to your rental company.
Click here to view the updated 2021-2021 Contract of Commitment. Please review, sign and return via email to me at email@example.com.
Violin or Essential Elements Book 1 on backorder? I understand and look forward to when the supplies arrive. But I will still work with your student in class while we wait. ● Orchestra is for only 4th and 5th graders that are in their second year or more of lessons. Orchestra will happen before school as follows:
○ Lincoln School meets on Mondays from 8:00-8:40am in the All Purpose Room (Gym). ○ Jefferson School meets on Tuesdays from 8:00-8:40am in the All Purpose Room (Gym).
○ Wilson School meets on Wednesdays from 8:00-8:40am in the All Purpose Room (Gym).
○ Washington School meets on Thursdays from 8:00-8:40am in the All Purpose Room (Gym).
Thank you for reading this letter in its entirety. I look forward to working with your young violinists!