Substitute Teachers Holding a Valid Teaching Certificate or County Sub Certificate:
- Fill out an application via the online Applitrack employment system, and attach a copy of your valid teaching certificate, current nursing license issued by the state of NJ, or NJ County Sub Certificate.
- Schedule an interview by contacting Angela Tobey at 973-226-7120 or firstname.lastname@example.org. *The Personnel Office will not honor walk-in or telephone requests and U.S. mail or e-mail resumes.
- Upon completion of a successful interview, and depending on the district's current need for substitutes SEE BELOW FOR NEXT STEPS:
- Complete the fingerprinting/Criminal History Approval process. If you are a substitute in another district your prints can be transferred to Caldwell-West Caldwell.
- Complete the Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) form.
- Attach a copy of your driver's license or passport
- Complete the W-4 form.
- Attach a copy of your social security card
- Complete the W-2 Opt-In Authorization.
- Complete the Direct Deposit Authorization.
- Include voided check or proof of routing number
- Complete the Mantoux (TB) Test and Form (must be done within the past 6 months)
- Complete the Employee Health and Medical Questionnaire
- Complete the Substitute Questionnaire
ONCE EVERYTHING IS COMPLETED PLEASE CONTACT ANGELA TOBEY TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT TO BRING IN ALL OF THE ABOVE (email@example.com or (973)226-7120 ext. 3011).
DO NOT MAKE AN APPOINTMENT UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR DOCUMENTS. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT PARTIAL PACKAGES.
You wll be placed on the next Board of Education Monthly Meeting Agenda for approval.
Once approved, you will receive an email invitation to create a Frontline ID. This ID will provide you access to the Absence Management (AESOP) system where you will be able to view and accept available substitute jobs.
Substitute Rate: $100/day - $50/half-day. After 20 days the rate increases to $105/day.
- Employee Portal Information: Instructions on how to access your paystubs and W2s via Doculivery. Your account cannot be set up until you receive your first paycheck.
- Pay Calendar for Substitutes: Substitutes are paid on a delay - see calendar for days worked = date paid.
- Frontline: You will receive an email to create a Frontline account which will give you access to the Absence Management System (AESOP).