Jefferson School Class Parent Volunteers
A rewarding way to get involved at our school & in your child’s class is to volunteer your time as a class parent. Our teachers depend on the help of parents for many things inside of the classroom including:
- Collecting class dues (used for class parties& related materials; teacher appreciation gifts)
- Communication with class families
- Accompanying students & teachers on various field trips, when needed
- Coordinating classroom social activities (parties), supplying related materials
- Soliciting classroom volunteers for various events
Additionally, class parents will:
- Be available on a general “call list” to assist the HSA if needed
- Attend at least 2 HSA meetings throughout the year
If you are open to volunteering for more than one child (meaning you have multiple children in school & are open to being any of their class parents), please submit information for each child separately within the SignUp Genius. You will only be chosen for ONE class, however. Please note that the principal and teachers select the class parents; it is not a function of someone on the HSA. Class parents are solicited at the start of the new school year and are notified once the principal and teachers have made their selections.
Questions? Reach out to our 2022-2023 Class Parent Liaison Maria McDonald firstname.lastname@example.org.