Feel Good Friday
May 1, 2020
This week's topic is talking about the worries we have and of those worries, what we can control and what we cannot control. To complete the activities for this week after watching the video, select the documents for your child based on their grade.
In the video, I will be reading the story, "Wilma Jean the Worry Machine" by Julia Cook. Wilma Jean the main character has lots and lots of worries. With help from her teacher, Wilma Jean is able to sort her worries into worries she can control and worries she cannot control. Let's see what her worries are and how she overcomes the worries she has.
I hope you enjoy!!
Discussion Questions for After the Video
1) What are some of the worries Wilma Jean has? Can you relate to her worries?
2) What happens to Wilma Jean when she worries?
3) What did Wilma Jean's teacher do to help her with her worrying?
4) Why is sorting our worries like Wilma Jean's teacher did helpful?
Activities to Complete
1) Make a list of your own worries.
2) Write or draw about something you worry about (it can be one from your list). Why do you worry about it? How does it affect your life? Can you control it or is it something that is out of your control? What are some steps you can take to help with this worry?
3) The below worksheets are separted by grades K, 1, 2 and grades 3,4,5.