Students are expected to have the following materials for each class:
- a pencil
- a notebook
- a folder
- Essential Elements Book 1 for Violin (for 3rd-5th grade)
- Orchestra music (for second year 4th and 5th graders only)
- Suzuki Violin Book 1 (for 2nd grade Suzuki students only)
- their instrument (complete with a shoulder rest and rosin)
Highly suggested materials to aide in virtual learning:
- Bow Hold Buddies for viola/violin - this helps to set up the initial bow hold as well as keep it "in place" as we refine other skills.
- A music stand - I would suggest a solid backed music stand that does not have a collapsable option.
- A chromatic tuner - there are numerous phone applications that you may download for free, or you may go the traditional route with a physical stand-alone chromatic tuner.
*All of the suggested matierials are available through all of our suggested rental stores.