Sixth Grade Discipline Policy
- Listen quietly while others are speaking.
- Keep hands, feet, and unkind words to yourself.
- Walk and wait quietly in the hallways.
- Arrive to class prepared and on time.
- Respect the classroom and school environment.
- No gum or phones in the classroom.
1st offense: Verbal warning
2nd offense: Appropriate consequence or Teacher Detention
3rd offense: Office referral
**It is the student’s responsibility to notify his/her parents about a teacher detention, which will take place on the following school day.
**Failure to show up to a teacher detention will result in an office referral.
**Any violation of the “Big 5” school rules results in automatic office referral**
“Big 5” School-wide Rules
- Inappropriate physical contact with another student;
- Willful disregard of an adult's authority;
- Being sent to the office for disruption of a substitute teacher's classroom activity;
- Throwing anything AT anyone;
- Continual harassment, intimidation, and/or bullying;