In the event that your child is required to receive ANY medication at school, the following policy must be adhered to:
- Only the school nurse or parent can dispense medication. Exceptions are inhalers, epinephrine or insulin, or any other medications to treat life threatening conditions, which can be self-administered when indicated by physician order.
- ALL medication must be in the original, prescription labeled container from the pharmacy.
- The prescribing doctor must provide written instructions to dispense the medication at school, including the time the medication is to be given.
- The parent must provide written permission. Forms are also available in the nurse’s office.
- This policy applies to all medication including over-the-counter