Kindergarten Registration 2022-2023
We request that children eligible for Kindergarten complete their registration by Monday, February 28th, so we may efficiently plan for classes for the coming school year.
- A child must be five years old on or before October 1, 2022 to be eligible for Kindergarten in September.
- Registration is completed online using the Genesis registration portal.
- All elementary schools will conduct a parent orientation on Tuesday, June 7, 2022.
- Please review the information below. If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com or call 973-228-6979 ext. 3044.
**PLEASE NOTE REGARDING MEDICAL PAPERWORK - PLEASE SUBMIT WHATEVER YOU HAVE AT TIME OF REGISTRATION (YOUR CHILD'S MOST RECENT PHYSICAL AND LIST OF IMMUNIZATIONS). YOU CAN FOLLOW UP WITH ANY MEDICAL PAPERWORK AS NEEDED BETWEEN NOW AND THE START OF SCHOOL. WE UNDERSTAND THAT CURRENTLY IT MAY BE DIFFICULT TO GET PAPERWORK FROM THE DOCTOR IN A TIMELY MANNER AND ALSO, MOST CHILDREN WILL HAVE THEIR 5-YEAR-OLD CHECK UP BETWEEN NOW AND OCTOBER 1.*
Registration for all grades is done online via our Genesis Registration Portal.
-You will upload all of your required documents during the registration process.
-Once all of your information is received you will be contacted by our Registrar to confirm your registration and be advised of next steps.
-If you do not have access to a computer or printer, or need to email your documents instead of uploading them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. or call 973-228-6979 ext. 3044.
Follow the steps below to begin your registration.
- Grades K-5 locate your resident elementary school on the Elementary School Boundaries
- Review all of the registration requirements
- Download the required forms that you will need to complete (see below)
- Gather and scan all of your completed forms and required documents and save to your computer. You will upload these during the registration process. PDF or JPEG only.
- Go to the Genesis Registration Portal and complete the registration. You can create a password and come back to the registration to upload your documents at a later time if needed.
- Once received, your registration will be reviewed. You will be notified if there are any missing items.
- You will be notified when your registration has been processed.
Proof of Age: You must provide a scan of your child’s original birth certificate. A child is eligible for entrance into Kindergarten if they have attained the age of 5 by October 1 of the year in which entrance is sought. A child is eligible for entrance into first grade if they have attained the age of 6 by October 1 of the year in which entrance is sought.
Proof of Residency: You must be a resident of Caldwell or West Caldwell, NJ to register for school. The following items must be presented at registration:
If you own your residence please present the following:
- Completed Domicile Statement (below)
- Copy of your Deed, Mortgage Statement or Property Tax Bill
- Two of the following additional documents with your name and address: Deed, Mortgage Statement or Property Tax Bill (not presented in 2.), utility/water/cable bill, telephone bill, insurance bill, bank statement, recent pay stub, current NJ driver license
If you rent your residence please present the following:
- Completed Domicile Statement (below)
- Completed/Notarized Landlord Statement (below)
- Copy of your Current Lease
- Two of the following additional documents with your name and address: Utility/water/cable bill, telephone bill, insurance bill, bank statement, recent pay stub, current NJ driver license
Medical Requirements: CWC BOE Policy requires that certain certificates signed by your health provider be furnished in order for your child to attend school. The following information must be submitted prior to the student starting school.
- Your child’s official immunization record to date. You may submit your Doctor’s office forms, or have your Doctor complete our forms (below).
- Your child’s most recent physical. You may submit your Doctor’s office forms, or have your Doctor complete our forms (below)
- Completed District Medical History Form (completed by parent)