CALDWELL-WEST CALDWELL PUBLIC SCHOOLS
VIRTUAL BACKPACK GUIDELINES
The Caldwell-West Caldwell Public Schools Virtual Backpack will include community flyers on our district’s website as an informational service for our students and their families. It will be updated weekly on Wednesday morning.
The following criteria apply to all materials submitted for online distribution
- Only non-profit community organizations will be allowed to post materials on the Virtual Backpack page of each school or department’s website. Distribution of materials for commercial organizations will not be permitted.
- An organization may be asked to submit a rationale seeking permission to distribute materials. Exceptions are made for organizations having programs that fill a curriculum gap and are approved by the Superintendent.
- All activities or information must be appropriate for students and their families. The Caldwell-West Caldwell School District limits the list to:
- Local tax-supported community agencies;
- Not-for-profit community organizations offering sports and recreational program options for students; and
- Charitable groups which have a current service learning connection or curricular connections with our schools or class groups.
- Announcements about fundraisers are limited to Caldwell-West Caldwell sponsored programs.
- Activities should not conflict with public tax-supported efforts already in effect.
- Application should be made five (5) days prior to the Wednesday posting date.
- One copy of the proposed announcement, in a PDF format, must accompany the request and should be submitted, via e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The author of the announcement must clearly state the organization’s name on the document and is solely responsible for proofreading itscontent; e.g. spelling, dates, events, contact information, etc.
- The district will limit the Virtual Backpack announcements to twelve (12) community flyers per Wednesday posting.
- An organization should limit its posting requests to(three) 3 requests per month.
- Announcements are posted for informational purposes only and do not imply endorsement by the Caldwell-West Caldwell School District.